About the Job
As part of the Senior leadership team of this global business, you will be responsible for all strategic procurement activities for all direct and indirect materials and management of the supply base in alignment with global procurement and category management.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Lead the development and implementation of world-class supply chain processes across all regions & operating companies.
- Including process development & knowledge transfer to the businesses
- Develop & embed structured performance management system & operating rhythms covering both strategic and operational procurement activities
- Lead changes associated with implementation of future state supply chain improvements and ensure the processes are sustainable by embedding a structured governance model Job
Continuous Improvement & Capability Enhancement
- Collaborate with procurement senior leadership to assess strategic & operational procurement process maturity and develop 3yr improvement road map to develop best in class
- Program manage major procurement process improvement initiatives, collaborating with the global supply chain team, operations, product management & engineering
- Partner with Product Management and the global procurement team to create a process to analyse & create product specific procurement cost reduction plans
- Develop procurement eTools strategy, develop an implementation plan to enhance current capabilities & program manage the deployment across all operating companies
- Develop a global Supplier Relationship Management playbook to ensure consistent approach to supplier performance management & development with our Tier 1 Suppliers
- Develop tools and processes to improve visibility, planning, and execution of ‘global’ parts where demand and supply is complex and interfaces across multiple entities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create Supply Chain VA /VE & deploy throughout the business
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, implement and execute the one, three and five year strategy for the site.
- Evaluate manufacturing locations for inbound supply.
- Review and strategically align current vendors based on capability, competitiveness, quality and long-term strategic orientation with group.
- Development and leadership of strategic procurement team.
- Identify true cost and value drivers and deliver year on year measurable cost savings and avoidance in line with local and global expectations.
- Develop and manage strong supplier relationships.
- Be the internal consultant for managing and implementing supplier KPI’s and vendor scorecards.
- Drive the seven-step strategic sourcing model through to vendor qualification.
- Conduct regular vendor business reviews.
- Develop continuous improvements and lean initiatives in how we buy and drive incremental improvement in quality performance.
- Perform Commercial Audits on new and proposed Vendors and impact analysis for the pursuit of Continuous Cost Improvements.
- Conduct risk assessments of materials and vendors in line with contingency planning and business continuity.
- Drive vendor consolidation with a view to rendering cost reduction.
- Work cross functionally on make or buy projects justification.
- Lead and execute sourcing projects and contract execution.
- Work collaboratively with global teams on vendor performance, selection, pricing and contracts.
- Support NPI and PD projects.
- Partner with quality in vendor audits.
- Lead and drive negotiations with solid knowledge of contract language and legislative requirements.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, employee wellbeing and sustainability.
- Degree or Masters in Business or Supply Chain.
- At least 8 years of working experience in strategic procurement
- Excellent leadership, management, and technical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, motivation, and a high level of personal responsibility
- Manage Stakeholders successfully in different time zones and cultures
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical, language):
- Fluent in English
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel and SharePoint
- Experienced using Business Intelligence Systems
- SAP experience an advantage