Peter Vardy History:
Established almost a century ago the family ‘Vardy’ name was synonymous with motor retail in the UK. It first emerged with Reg Vardy in 1923, and was developed by his son Sir Peter Vardy who helped the company reach the top ranks of European motor retailers with over 6,000 employees in the UK and a turnover of £1.7bn.
Peter Vardy Ltd was then launched in 2006 and has since continue to grow their portfolio of franchises in a bid to provided mobility for everyone. The business strives to bring a new and fresh approach to the automotive retail industry - a new company for a new era.
Peter Vardy Ltd Retail businesses hold 15 physical dealerships, and are proud to represent exceptional marques such Porsche, Jaguar, Land Rover, BMW and MINI. CARZ is their own brand of used car supermarkets, currently located in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kirkcaldy, Motherwell and Perth. Peter Vardy Heritage, their classic car dealership, located in Edinburgh showcases some of the most iconic cars in recent history.
In 2020 they opened a new state-of-the-art head office, Vardy Central which is home to their Digital Sales Division and their central support functions.
Also part of the Peter Vardy Group is their digital businesses, CarMoney the online finance broker who work with some of the biggest names in the industry.
In 2021 the group launched their Mobility division which includes Peter Vardy Leasing, launched in April 2021, and Peter Vardy Rental, launched in January 2022. These businesses ensure PVL continue to be at the forefront of the automotive retail industry in dealing with changing consumer behaviour.
Peter Vardy Ltd.’s aim is to be the Best Place to Work and the Best Place to Buy, with them winning awards in both areas in recent years. Following the Covid Pandemic it has never been more important to look after colleagues with their focus being their Mental, Physical, Financial and Spiritual Wellbeing. Each one of their 1200 colleagues are given a Mental Health MOT and access to fully qualified team of counsellors. This year see’s the launch of Net Better Off for their colleagues, with access to a range of benefits which are chosen by them to meet the needs of their lifestyles.
Peter Vardy Ltd is a young, innovative, and fast paced, family run company – their ambition is to push boundaries to ensure they remain the best at what they do – selling cars. They are leading the revolution to create a future full of ambitious and determined individuals in the automotive industry. Due to continued growth, they have an opportunity for an ambitious Procurement Manager to join their Finance Team.
The successful appointee will have an in depth portfolio of experience across categories of indirect and direct spend with the ability to present critical financial information to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
As a key member of the management team this leadership role will directly contribute to the aligning process efficiencies and business improvements The role holder will support the business with their ongoing supplier requirements, in terms of new supplier development and set up, supplier commercial & contractual negotiation, cost improvement optimisation and savings, etc, but also challenge the business in terms of procurement strategy, supplier selection, supplier consolidation and procurement controls.
Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
• Purchase of Goods Not for Resale across the Peter Vardy Group to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
• Identification & delivery of process efficiencies & business improvements across the Group to drive cost savings.
• Assess the supply chain across the group to ensure sustainability and corporate social responsibility targets are met.
• Purchase Goods Not for Resale in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
• Identification & delivery of process efficiencies & business improvements across the Group to deliver significant cost savings
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
• Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
• Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
• Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
• Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
• Conduct research for new components and suppliers
• Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
• Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial
• Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
• Experience of working closely with suppliers
• Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements
• An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous
• Computer literate, with strong Excel skills/abilities
• Collaborative in approach, with a proven track record of influencing and engaging senior subject matter experts/stakeholders.
• Strong commercial management experience
• Ability to define opportunity pipelines as well as develop and execute commercial strategies
• Extensive interpersonal skills
• Resilient with strong sense of commercial acumen
• Best pay scheme for best performance
• PV Cares – Employee discounts and Lease car options
• High Flyers incentives
• 31 days holiday
• Mental Health MOT’s
• Dedicated In house counselling team.
• Mental Health First Aid Training (Manager)
• Life Assurance
• Flexible working
• Covid health and safety measures
• Access to PV Wellness and Fitness App
• Vardy Vacation Programme
• Cycle Scheme
• Company Chaplin support
• Giving back programme
• Mentor Programme
• Colleague Events – Family events, Children’s Christmas party, V in the Barn, The Ball
Interested candidates should contact Jacqui Paterson of JP Executive Search, our retained advisors, in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org First stages will be managed by JP Executive Search before moving to interviews with relevant members of the Peter Vardy leadership team.