The Malcolm Group History:
Originating as a family-owned business in the early part of the 20th century, the Malcolm Group has grown to what has become one of the leading providers of Logistics, aswell as providing other key services in the UK. A business which began with assets of just a single horse and cart. A small family-run enterprise, its operation evolved from collecting coal from the nearby railway station, for door-todoor deliveries, to what is now highly accomplished, multimillion pound T/O business. The success the company has enjoyed has been based on foundations laid by the family entrepreneurial foresight and prudent investment in vehicles, plant and depots, creating and building the business model which we know today.
Due to substantial growth, the Malcolm Group is looking to appoint a Finance Business Partner for their Logistics division which will accommodate a matrix reporting line to both the Logistics Leadership team with a dotted line to Group Financial Controller.
The successful incumbent will have an in depth portfolio of experience of MI & Financial reporting and the ability to analyse and present critical financial information to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
As a key member of the senior management team this leadership role will directly contribute to the strategic and financial decision-making process and help deliver Malcolm Logistics ambition to grow their high quality, innovative product offering to their UK customer base. They must be able to challenge their colleagues whilst also being a strong team player.
Title: Financial Business Partner
Reports to: Group Financial Controller/SMT Logistic Leadership team
• Maintenance and continuing further development of Management Information Systems for key Logistics division customers, (comprising warehousing, haulage, rail and railport activities) coordinating all management information currently maintained.
• For common systems and where appropriate, develop MI in a consistent manner across all key accounts.
• Based on above, assist in determining gross contribution by customer/contract/activity to make correct investment decisions.
• Assist in production of all internal/external KPIs and exception reports.
• Provide financial analysis/expertise to senior team to support effective decision making.
• Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance.
• Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
• Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered.
• Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams.
• Supporting operational management in tenders/quotations for new business and ad-hoc reporting as required.
• Supporting invoicing/sales administration department to ensure invoices raised accurately and promptly.
• Ensuring standardisation of key account administration procedures throughout the division and carrying out internal audit programme to ensure complied with.
• Dissemination of key account management information internally and production of regular and ad-hoc reporting requirements for customers
• Liaise between Logistics operational management and Group Finance.
• Experienced qualified accountant ( ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Ideally Degree educated
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels (internal and external)
• Strong data manipulation skills (particularly excel and relational database structures)
• Project management experience due to the rapidly changing business environment
• Logistics sector experience would be useful although not essential
• Willing to travel on occasion throughout UK depot network
• Strong financial analysis / contract reporting background
• Collaborative in approach, with a proven track record of influencing and engaging senior subject matter experts/stakeholders.
• Strong commercial management experience
• Ability to define opportunity pipelines as well as develop and execute commercial strategies
• Extensive interpersonal skills
• Resilient with strong sense of commercial acumen
Highly competitive and dependant on experience.
Interested candidates should contact Jacqui Paterson of JP Executive Search, our retained advisors, in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org. First stages will be managed by JP Executive Search before moving to interviews with relevant members of the Malcolm Group leadership team.