This is a fantastic new position located just outside Paris in France, which will focus on providing the leadership of the Quality Function in relation to NCR, Supplier development & Continuous Improvement within PPR along with the control and analysis of non-conformance.
This will expand to include the issue of non-nuclear Quality Plans, Welding & NDT procedures and control of material certification and associated documentation. This appointee should expect to have a ‘Hands On’ approach.
- Develop and maintain Quality Systems within PPR
- Drive business Improvement and encourage a Quality Mindset within the business.
- Coordinate the quality aspects and disposition of PPR NCR’s and Concessions, when required, during manufacture.
- Undertake analysis of non-conformance and ensure that RCA is completed and that countermeasures are implemented and evaluated for effectiveness.
- Ensure that departmental procedures are in place for all key functions and processes.
- Support Procurement in the Supplier Development Programme.
- The issue of non-nuclear Quality Plans / ITP’s identifying all Quality activities within the manufacturing cycle.
- Review of Supplier ITP’s and Quality documentation as required.
- Support Procurement with the choice of Purchase Specifications, welding and painting documents.
- Provide input to the tendering process on quality requirements as required and attend client kick off meetings as necessary in order to understand project requirements
- Attend Design Review and Assembly Review meetings as and when required to provide input and advice on aspects of quality and welding.
- Audit supplier sites, as required, to ensure their procedures match business requirements and provide advice as to suitability of supplier relationships.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection, and continual improvement.
- All other duties relevant to the post.
About the person:
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who will proactively improve the quality systems of the company through internal audits, participation in process improvement programs, and interaction with key partners to obtain constructive feedback.
- Team working skills
- Relationship management skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to adapt
- Problem solving skills
- SAP knowledge would be a plus
- Strong working knowledge of RCA tools (Ishikawa, 8D, 5Y etc)
- Relevant experience within related industry
- Knowledge of quality process (ISO 9001 etc...)
- Knowledge of welding processes and procedure -qualification
- General Materials knowledge
- Microsoft Office skills
- Fully conversant to business level in English & French is essential
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years' relevant work experience